INGU is a Calgary-based venture-funded technology company, revolutionizing how oil and gas companies maintain and protect their pipeline assets and in return our environment.
Oil and gas pipelines are critical assets within our economy and like so much of the world’s underlying infrastructure, they are aging and vulnerable to climate events. Our Pipers® solution provides timely, condition-critical insights for pipeline integrity. The unique self-serve inline inspection system is designed for operational conditions, which translates into a 100% uptime and the ability to perform inspections where and when the operator wants. Pipers® data is highly repeatable making it ideal for monitoring changes in pipeline condition, keeping the operator on top of leaks, deposits and wall condition in a single run.
What we’re looking for:
INGU is currently seeking a Manufacturing Intern for its office in downtown Calgary. As a manufacturing intern, you will assist in the day-to-day operations of our assembly process and work closely with your colleagues to build, prepare, and ship Pipers® in a timely manner. You will need strong attention to detail in order to maintain the high standard to which our products are made. The term of this position is flexible, but the ideal candidate will be available full-time or part-time during normal work hours for 4 to 8 months.
What your day looks like:
- Operate a lathe and/or CNC mill to produce simple metal parts
- Laser engrave certification markings into Piper shells
- Operate testing equipment and calibrate Pipers®
- Perform final assembly of Pipers® and prepare shipments to be sent to clients
- Perform tests and evaluations, and assist with various other small tasks as needed
What you bring to the table:
- A total commitment to working safely, following established procedures, and taking all appropriate safety measures
- Completed or currently enrolled in a post-secondary program related to electronics assembly, machining, oil & gas technology, or similar
- Practical experience with machine tools (ideally metal lathes and CNC mills), or a demonstrated ability with similar tools and a willingness to learn
- Demonstrated ability to perform manual tasks with a high degree of precision
- Experience collecting data and applying the scientific method to solve problems
- A current first aid certificate is an asset
You may be a fit for this role if:
- You enjoy a fast-paced work environment and can adapt to changing requirements
- You are committed to being a part of our team and providing feedback on ways to improve our work processes
- You are interested in learning about the pipeline industry and getting hands-on experience with our hardware
If this sounds like you, apply now!