INGU is a Calgary/Houston based venture-funded, technology company, revolutionizing how oil and gas companies and water utilities maintain and protect their pipeline assets and in return our environment. We are looking for Senior Data Scientists to support our continued growth in the global water utilities and oil & gas markets.
INGU’s Pipers® technology is the most efficient and economical pipeline inspection solution to achieve Net Zero and ESG compliance for the water and oil & gas pipeline infrastructure. The patented self-serve approach gives full control to the pipeline operator and is designed to actively monitor changes in pipeline condition.
By combining inline leak detection, deposit surveys, and wall condition monitoring, the Pipers® technology provides operators full insight in all pipeline assets under all conditions allowing them to make well informed decisions to keep their pipelines safe and efficient.
What we’re looking for
INGU is currently seeking Senior Data Scientists. As a Data Scientist you’re comfortable with investigating open-ended problems and coming up with concrete approaches to solve them, you’re a deeply curious person, and you can wrangle data like a pro alligator wrestler and come out relatively unscathed.
- Work as part of the data science team to analyze data from our Pipers® pipeline inspection tool and produce reports for our clients
- Design, develop, and evaluate novel programming codes and analysis models and techniques for our Pipers® data
- Work with and understand IMU, magnetometer, acoustic, and other sensor data
- Create and maintain tools using Python to optimize our data analysis
What you bring to the table
- MS or PhD in physics, mechanical engineering, or similar quantitative field
- Understanding of advanced data handling such as: regression, time-series forecasting, clustering, decision trees, modeling, optimization, and unstructured data analysis
- Programming in Python 4+ years’ experience
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in working with NumPy, SciPy, and Pandas
- Strong quantitative orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to:compile, correlate, and compute results from large sensor time series datasets and draw tangible conclusions
- perform advanced statistical analyses
- work in a timely manner within internal/customer driven deadlines
- support and work closely with a myriad of colleagues in sales, operations, and product development
- Must be able to comprehend and communicate accurately, clearly and concisely in English